The Resolutions of the General Assembly Meeting of the Shareholders
H.E. Sheikh Fahad Bin Mohammad Bin Jabor Al-Thani, Chairman of Doha Bank, announced that the EGM has unanimously approved the proposed amendments to articles (23, 25, 31, 32, 69) of Bank’s Articles of Association according to Corporate Governance instructions issued by Qatar Central Bank, circular No. (25) for the year 2022 and circular No. (2) for the year 2023, and has also approved authorizing the Chairman and/or the Vice Chairman and/or the Managing Director to individually obtain the necessary approvals from the competent authorities and make any modification to the Article of Association that might be required from any authorities and ratifying the authorization.
In the Ordinary General Assembly of the Shareholders, H.E said that the AGM has unanimously endorsed the Board of Directors’ Corporate Governance Report for year 2022 and has also endorsed the balance sheet and the profit & loss account for the financial year ended on 31/12/2022 and the Board of Directors’ recommendation to distribute cash dividends to shareholders for QR (0.075) per share. During the same meeting, H.E. the Chairman and Board members were discharged from the responsibility for the year 2022 and approved the Board of Directors’ remuneration for this year in addition to the Executive Management Bonus. H.E. also said that the AGM has approved the Board of Directors’ Remuneration Policy, Performance Remuneration Policy, Dividend Distribution Policy, Nomination Policy and Election of Board Members and Committees Procedure, Internal Control Policy, Related Parties Policy, Social and ESG Responsibility Policies and Minority Rights Protection Policy, He also stated that the AGM has appointed “PWC” to audit the Bank’s accounts for the financial year 2023. The AGM has also approved by uncontested election the nomination of the below mentioned candidates to the membership of the Board of Directors for the next three years term 2023, 2024 and 2025:
- Fahad Mohamed Jabr Holding – Represented by Shiekh Fahad Mohamed J.M. Al-Thani
- Dar AlAmal Real Estate Co. – Represented by Shiekh Abdul Rahman Mohamed J.M. Al-Thani
- Jassim Falah Trading and Contracting
- Mr. Ahmad Abdulla A. Al-Khal
- International Trade Development Co. – Represented by Mr. Nasser Khaild N. A. Al-Mesnad
- Edikhar Trading and Contracting – Represented by Mr. AbdulRahman Ahmad A.Y. Al-Obaidan
- AlNayef Holding – Represented by Mr. Nayef Abdulla N. M. Al-Dosari
- Mr. Nasser Mohammed A. A. Al-Khaldi (Independent Candidate)
- Mr. Abdulla Ali A. Al-Abdulla (Independent Candidate)
- Mr. Nasser Khalid KH A. Al-Attiyah (Independent Candidate)
- Shiekh Hamad Saoud M. A. Al-Thani (Independent Candidate)
H.E. Sheikh Fahad Bin Mohammad Bin Jabor Al-Thani extended his sincere thanks and gratitude to the Board members and to the shareholders, representatives of the supervisory authorities in the State of Qatar and the auditors for attending these meetings and wished them all the success and prosperity.
Fahad Bin Mohammad Bin Jabor Al-Thani