This application collects some personal data from its user’s.
Who Are We?
Doha Bank Head Office Tower,
Corniche Street West Bay,
P.O. Box 3818,
Operating Countries: Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, India
Doha Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in the State of Qatar. Inaugurated in 1979, Doha Bank provides domestic and international banking services for individuals, commercial, corporate and institutional clients through four business groups – Wholesale Banking, Retail Banking, International Banking and Treasury & Investments.
What type of Personal Data do we collect?
We want you to understand the types of data that we collect, so you can then make the best decisions about what you share with us. Personal data is any information that relates to an identifiable individual and we may collect this information when you interact with our products or services.
Among the types of personal data that this application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Camera permission; Telephone permission; Files/Media/Storage permission; Other Permissions such as view Network/Wi-Fi connections; view Google service configuration; use fingerprint/biometric hardware; upload of user’s installed application information.
Types of Personal Data:
- Personal particulars (e.g. name, address, DOB etc.)
- Address and employment details
- Your banking information and financial details
- Details of interactions with us (e.g. Call Center, WhatsApp Chat, Message Center)
- Information obtained from mobile device with your consent
Device permissions for personal data access
Depending on the user’s specific device, this application may request certain permissions that allow it to access the user’s device data as described below. By default, these permissions must be granted by the user before the respective information can be accessed. Once the permission has been given, it can be revoked by the user at any time.
The exact procedure for controlling app permissions may be dependent on the user’s device and software. Please note that the revoking of such permissions might impact the proper functioning of this application.
Used for accessing the camera or capturing pictures for profile photo, capturing face for face registration and authentication from the device, allow to capture photos of personal information like ID, passport, employment letter etc., while applying for personal information update feature in the application.
Used for capturing phones status and identity such as Device ID (unique Device ID provided by the platform), Device OS type, Device Name and Device Model.
Allows upload of photos or documents when you wish to update your personal information or profile picture through the application by selecting from your phone’s Gallery. You are allowed to select only PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG documents while you wish to apply for updating profile information. When you wish to download your statements, transaction receipts while performing any transfer/bill payments is in pdf format. We are not interested in your photos and videos and do not try to read them.
Registration and authentication
By registering or authenticating, users allow this application to identify them and give them access to dedicated services. The personal data that is stored in the user’s device is used for registration or identification purposes only.
Direct registration (within application)
The user registers by filling out the registration form and providing the personal data directly to this application. Personal data that are processed includes: Username, Debit Card Number, Qatar ID, One Time Password.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
Any personal information held by us will be committed to a high degree of protection. Here are the ways that we collect your data – through these touchpoints which are relevant to how you may interact with our products/services in your daily lives:
- Online and Digital:
Product sign-ups and promotions, contests and giveaways, app downloads and registrations, general digital banking services.
- Cashless Transactions:
Digital payments through website and apps, contactless payments.
- Offline Interactions:
Roadshows, partnership events, account opening/application at Doha Bank Branches, phone sales banking, general phone support (e.g. Reporting loss of card)
How do we use your Personal Data?
Your personal information allows us to create more personalized and unique banking experiences just for you. When you trust us with your data, it’s only right that you understand how we may use it:
- For General Support
Verify your identity before providing our services, or responding to any of your queries, applications, feed-back and complaints.
- For our Internal Operations
a. Aid our research and analysis, so that we keep improving our services, products and advertising strategies.
b. Manage our day-to-day business operations.
c. Ensure that the information we have about you is up to date.
d. Conduct market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity
e. Comply with all laws and obligations from any legal authorities.*
f. Seek professional advice, including legal.
g. Update you on changes to our products or services that you might be currently engaged in. We conduct surveys, test features in development, and analyze the Personal Information what we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- For Marketing Purposes
Contact you and offer products or services that you might be interested in (via direct mailers, SMSs, phone calls, etc.)
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
Doha Bank reserves the right to share or disclose your Personal Information in its sole discretion with regulatory authorities, that the disclosure of such Personal Information is necessary or appropriate:
- to prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- when required by law, legal process, litigation, or requests from credit agencies, respective central banks or any other governmental authorities within the respective countries, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
What rights you have regarding your Personal Data?
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the owner.
In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Your personal data belongs to you. We respect that. Whenever you want, you can decide whether you’re happy for us to use it. If you do take away your consent, we’ll stop using your personal data straight away, except where the law requires us to store it. It’s worth knowing that if we can’t use your personal data, it will affect how we can provide you with services. It may also mean that our relationship with you has to end, either partially or completely.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Verify and seek rectification to gain full access to our services. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected. You can access the personal data that we hold about you at any time. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date by updating your profile through our digital channels. We are not responsible for any costs, losses, damages or expenses or other issues arising from you by not keeping your personal information up to date.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The user’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by the owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this application or the related Services. The user declares to be aware that the owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this application may collect files that record interaction with this application (i.e. system logs).
Talk to Us
Should you have any inquiries with regards to the accuracy of your personal information or of any transaction occurring through our digital touchpoints, please contact us through the following channels:
Call Center : +974 44456000
WhatsApp Chat : +974 50333642
Email : Hellodoha@dohabank.com.qa